Patent Portfolio Analysis
Curious about how to efficiently analyze both, the research and development landscape and business opportunities? Wissen research is a well-trusted Patent Portfolio Analysis service provider that gives you positive results and helps to improve your strategic decisions.
In intellectual property, the Patent portfolio is regarded as a relevant support service categorized and analyzed by business and technological aspects. It usually acts as a strategy of how a company will benefit in the future in terms of both related and unrelated patents.
It is conducted to point out the suitable value of all patents within the portfolio. One of the most important aspects of patent portfolio analysis is to examine and understand how and which of the patents in the allocated portfolio are potentially infringed by the currently prevailing products in the market.
Benefits of Patent Portfolio Analysis
- It assists you to get an in-detail comparative analysis of your organization by evaluating the weak patents.
- Patent portfolio analysis also assists to identify gaps in a company’s portfolio and to discover new business partners to sell or license out outdated IP.
- Improves annual budgeting by withdrawing weak patents that have no market value.
- It aids in the strategic decision-making process, which is often associated with mergers, acquisitions, and partnerships.
- It maximizes the full exploitation of your organization’s assets by promoting the identification of new patenting opportunities and limiting infringement risks.
- Patent portfolio analysis also assists your business in arranging and managing the patent portfolio that has randomly grown unplanned.
- In gaining valuable insight into the R&D scenario and strategizing your R&D investment in conjunction with your patenting activities.
How Patent Portfolio Works?
There are several steps to consider when conducting a patent portfolio analysis, like
i) Classifying patents accordingly
This involves identification of the taxonomy and classifying the patents accordingly in a detailed manner as well as out-licensing the unusual (weak) patents.
ii) Outlining a patent
This consists of a more detailed review and analysis, giving more attention to the patent’s strength and value to strategies for your research and development investment.
Why choose Wissen Research?
As an experienced team, we know, what it means to work on an invention to build on an exploitable market.
- In-depth market analysis along with the multiple graphs that will help you in patent ratings. Graphical analysis to depict the progress of technology across time.
- We may also assist you to find potential licensing prospects by doing defensive patent portfolio analysis (studying competing patent portfolios against your product line).
- We also have relevant techniques for building up a reliable portfolio with high quality and standards.
- The most valuable patents in the portfolio are identified and ranked based on the relevance of the underlying technology and market potential.
- Developing frameworks for various patent portfolios to aid in the effective extraction, maintenance, and interpretation of intellectual property assets.
- Our portfolio analysis report will give a complete insight into any lapses in the legal, regulatory, and administrative procedures related to the management of IP assets.
- User-friendly reports with an integrated search feature to categorize and arrange the whole portfolio based on income-generating potential or market worth to you in the future.