Patent Invalidation Search
A patent invalidation search or simply invalidity search is a focused prior art search for a patent, non-patent literature articles, data, or publications that were publicly available before the effective filing date or priority date of the patent. When a company is concerned about patent infringement, it conducts a patent invalidation search. Patent invalidation search is used as a preventative measure.
Patent invalidity search assists you to identify relevant prior arts to invalidate the patent. When a client is concerned about infringement of a specific patent, patent invalidation is utilized as a defensive measure. The patent invalidation search is performed to limit the scope of the patent in question and may result in the invalidation of a previously granted patent. Patent invalidation search assists clients, when they need to defend their case against infringement, licensing, or any other section.
Why choose Wissen Research?
- We provide a Validation/Invalidation search record in the form of a patent and non-patent literature published before the target patent’s priority date.
- Global overview of granted and published patent applications filed before the priority date of the target patent.
- Expertise in utilizing several patent and non-patent databases efficiently.
- Various search concepts are utilized to contribute to the development of an effective search strategy for identifying relevant prior art.
- Identifying segments in the prior art that explain why a reference is relevant.
- Self-explanatory invalidation search report with full prior art analysis, web links to examine the complete specification, pictorial representation, complete bibliographic data of the references, and legal status.
- The search report is subjected to various stages of quality check before being delivered.