Reverse engineering (RE) is the process of disassembling an object in order to examine its design, architecture, coding, and components. It is carried out in order to obtain information about the components employed in the creation of the object. It works on technology, software, and even plant and animal DNA.
Reverse engineering can assist you figure out if your patented inventions are being used by a specific company in the industry. Our RE experts are experienced with multiple types of analysis.
- Circuit analysis: It determines how devices function — from the transistor level down to the interconnections and components needed to develop schematics and other materials.
- Process analysis: Examines patented semiconductor, optical, and MEM processes, packaging, and/or layout elements to determine how and what devices are constructed of.
- System analysis: This identifies how devices are utilised together and may include sensing, probing, data gathering, or literature study of signals and software inside or between chips.
The reverse engineering results act as evidence of use. It can be mapped against relevant patent claim to identify patent infringement.
Why choose Wissen Research?
- Experienced RE professionals from major technical domains such as electronics, communication and networking, software and more.
- We have extensive experience with a wide range of devices, including phones, hard drives, LCD/LED/OLED displays, RFID tags, batteries, and coating materials, as well as various consumer electronic items such as wearable devices, tablets, smart home devices, cameras, and so on.
- Customized Reports: Based on the requirements of the customer and the target area, we provide solutions and modifications.
- Partner with several reverse engineering companies and their databases to save money if the study is already done.